Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother-in-law made this all the time for cook outs. I finally swiped the recipe and now make it on request for my get togethers.
- 1 package Cook and Serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (28 ounce) canchunk fruit cocktail, drain and save juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drain and save juice
- 1 can mandarin orange, drain and save juice
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Measure reserved juice to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Put fruit in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan cook pudding mix and juice over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until thick.
- Cool slightly and pour over drained fruit and bananas.
- Cool in fridge.
I mixed this up as directed. Very blah, nothing special. Children woild probably like it allright. I wouldn't make it again.
Pretty good recipe, but does not state whether you need cook and serve or instant pudding mix. After using instant, I will try cook and serve next which I usually don't keep in stock. Otherwise it didn't thicken up much. Make sure you drain fruit very well. I should have had them sit in a colander for a few minutes but was rushed. Most of this was my fault. My husband and daughter still loved it, as it was.
This was a good fruit salad. I used sugar-free pudding mix to lower the calories even more! Thanks for posting.