1/51 Photos of Absolute Best Ever Lasagna
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My family's favorite. This is a very meaty lasagna. We prefer it with cottage cheese, but you can easily substitute ricotta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 226.79 g Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 14.79 ml dried parsley flakes
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 2 (822.13 g) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 680.38 g cottage cheese or 680.38 g ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12-15 lasagna noodles
- 1Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic.
- 2Add salt and next 5 ingredients; stirring until well mixed.
- 3Simmer 1 hour.
- 4Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 5Spray a 13 x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- 6Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
- 7Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 8Bake at 375F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Absolute Best Ever Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.1 mg
- Sodium 1472.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 45.5 g