Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pol Martin Cookbook: Easy Cooking for Today
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon, juice
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock, heated
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, diced large
- 1⁄2 lb whole mushroom, cleaned
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white pearl onion (recipe states cooked pearl onions, I have no idea as I have never used this type of onion)
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- heat 1 tablespoon butter in large pan, when hot stir in lemon juice and chicken stock.
- add chicken and season, cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes over low heat.
- pour chicken and sauce into bowl, set aside.
- replace pan on stove top and add remaining butter. when hot add mushrooms, peppers and onions, cook 3 minutes, uncovered over high heat.
- remove vegetables from pan and set aside in bowl.
- pour wine into pan and cook 3 minutes over high heat.
- add cream and spices, mix and continue cooking for 6-7 minutes over high heat.
- replace chicken mixture and vegetables in pan. mix well season and simmer 3 minutes to reheat.