Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The ABC is for the Apples, Blueberries and Cranberries. My family loves fruity desserts like this one. It cooks completely on the stovetop - no need to heat up your oven!
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- half-and-half cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the fruit, water and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder,cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop into six mounds onto simmering fruit.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering).
- Serve warm with cream.
- Yield: 6 servings.