Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Abby kind of looks like Rachael Ray, so a good cook to follow.
Make and share this Abby Ray's Mashed Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a sauce pan, heat the EVOO, add bacon and cook till crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon.
- Drain the fat from the pan and add butter. After the butter is melted add the onion, cook until it softens.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk the chicken stock and bring to a boil cooking until thickened 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk mashed potatoes in and then stir in cheddar cheese.
- Cook until hot, the cheese in melted and blended.
Very easy and very good! I couldn't tell if it was potato soup or cheese soup! I love both, so it really didn't matter! :) I made exactly as the directions stated this time, but next time I'll just sprinkle some shredded cheese on the soup and reduce the amount of bacon sprinkled on top. Made for Newest Zaar tag! Thanks for sharing!