Recipe by mums the word
I created this sandwich for my daughter and she requested that I name it after her. Measurements are approximate. You can easily substitute the cheese or meat to what you have on hand - pepperoni, bacon, salami, etc.
Top Review by Chocolatl
Unusual and tasty. I also didn't add any more salt; the other ingredients were definitely salty enough. It's a bit rich for every day, but very nice for the occasional indulgence. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons summer sausage, chopped, I used Grillem's Original Recipe (fully cooked)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper, chopped
- onion powder, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1 whole wheat submarine bun
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently mix the first eight ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut the submarine bun in half and place on broiler pan.
- Using toaster oven or broiler, lightly toast the bun, then remove from oven.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over both sides of the bun and return the pan to the broiler to melt and lightly brown the cheese.
- Serve open faced or as a sandwich.