Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
In India, this spiced side dish is popularly called ‘Sookhi Matar’ (dry peas). It is lip smacking, vibrant and completes your spread…. breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetables or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 cups frozen green peas (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon mango powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- salt (according to taste)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafetida and cumin seeds along with ginger slices.
- Add the green peas along with coriander powder and red chili powder, garam masala and mango powder. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid. Add half the cilantro leaves and salt. Mix to combine and serve.
- Garnish with rest of the cilantro leaves and enjoy it with your loved ones!
- Tips: You can make this in a pressure cooker. Follow steps 1, 2 and 3. Then place the pressure cooker lid with the whistle on and wait for one whistle. Remove from heat and after its cool, follow steps 4 and 5.
- You can garnish this with mint chutney also.