Raita is an Indian condiment, which is smooth plain yogurt with a combination of vegetables or fruits. It is suppose to cool your palette during a spicy meal. This mildly spiced raita is kids friendly with a burst of grape surprise.
- 1 cup red grapes, split in to halves
- 1⁄2 cup green grape, split in to halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and small diced
- 32 ounces plain low fat or 32 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped (optional)
- Whisk together the yogurt and milk to form a smooth consistency.
- Add the salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the cucumber, onion, green grapes, red grapes and the cilantro.
- Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate before serving.
- Garnish with few split grapes.