Recipe by muffin207
This is an excellent side to many Indian dishes but this is the best served with dhal curry. Try it with my meat dhal curry.
Top Review by ballarat
I made these to go with the Dhal Curry With Meat (Gosht Dhal) they were full of flavour but not overpowering in the amount of spices. Easy and quick to make! I will definitely cook them again. Made for spring PAC 2014
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled,sliced thinly but not paper thin)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- After washing potatoes, add spices (except salt if not frying immediately otherwise it will draw water).
- Toss potatoes in spices until well coated.
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- When oil medium hot, add salt to potatoes and fry in batches until potatoes develop a crisp outer layer to it but soft inside.
- Drain and serve hot with dhal.