Recipe by Aggiezoey
I got this recipe from a friend of mine whose sister-in-law is a caterer. The idea is simple with simple ingredients, but they are lots of fun and flavorful. Good for breakfast or brunch when you need to feed guests.
Top Review by foodtvfan
Wonderful appetizer or lunch or dinner item with a side salad. I used two big Italian sausages and removed the meat from the casings. I also spread regular hot dog mustard on the dough before spreading the meat then added the shredded cheddar cheese at the end just before serving. Thanks for posting such an easy and delicious recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- prepared mustard (your favorite kind)
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll crescent rolls and pinch together to form one large rectangle.
- Spread sausage meat evenly over the dough. This can be hard depending on the brand of sausage. Sometimes a back of a spoon helps with spreading. This doesn't have to be perfect.
- Place the dough along the long side, creating one long roll.
- Cut the dough into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven. Squirt (or spread) mustard on top and then top with cheese.
- Return to oven just to melt cheese and serve.