Recipe by VickyJ
This looks like a tasty alternative to traditional devilled eggs. A great appetizer for any get-together.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I used fresh basil and green onions from our CSA; local eggs! Super easy! We cook
our hard boiled eggs the same way, too! Reviewed for VickyJ's Cookathon. Rest in peace, Vicky J.
- 12 large eggs
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, minced
- 73.94-88.74 ml finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 59.16 ml finely chopped fresh basil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan. Add cold water, filling the pan to 1 inch above eggs. Cover; bring to a boil over hight heat.
- Remove pot from heat and let stand, covered, until the eggs are hard-boiled, about 15 minutes. Place eggs under cold running water. Peel eggs; cut in half. Using a spoon, remove yolks.
- In a blender, combine yolks, , mayonnaise, green onion, sun-dried tomato and 1 Tbsp basil. Process until smooth, about 7 seconds.
- Spoon the filling into a pastry bag with a large star tip. Pipe filling into egg white halves. Garnish with remaining basil.