1/1 Photo of A Great Appetiser - Mushroom Salt And Pepper!
From the TV show - Mirch Masala on Star Plus. This is am amazing appetiser that was on air this morning at 11:30am Oman time. With alot of improvements, Mirch Masala has made a comeback once again, and this time, it looks even more promising than before! I'm making this for lunch today, for mom and me:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g canned mushrooms, washed and drained
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons maida flour (all-purpose flour)
- 3 -5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 500 ml oil, to fry mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (only the green portion and not the white portion)
- 3 -5 fresh coriander leaves, chopped,to garnish
- 1Heat oil in a wok.
- 2In the meantime, wash and drain the canned mushrooms.
- 3Remove the stem of each mushroom.
- 4Put into a large bowl.
- 5Add cornflour, maida, salt and a little water.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Put each mushroom, one at a time, into the hot oil and fry until light brown.
- 8Remove onto a clean paper napkin so as to drain out the excess oil.
- 9Prepare red chilli paste by heating a little garlic in a pan and then adding it to a little (depends on your taste) red chilli powder.
- 10Mix well and then add a little water to prepare the red chilli paste.
- 11Now, take 1 tsp.
- 12of this same hot oil in a pan.
- 13Add garlic and ginger.
- 14Stir-fry till the raw smell of the same is gone.
- 15Add green chillies, onion, the prepared red chilli paste, vinegar, soya sauce and the green portion of spring onion.
- 16Mix well.
- 17Add the fried mushrooms.
- 18Toss the mushrooms in the mixture until well mixed.
- 19Transfer into a serving bowl.
- 20Garnish with corriander leaves.
- 21Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Great Appetiser - Mushroom Salt And Pepper!
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2144.0
- Calories from Fat 2094
- Total Fat 232.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1037.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste
fresh coriander leaves