Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the TV show - Mirch Masala on Star Plus. This is am amazing appetiser that was on air this morning at 11:30am Oman time. With alot of improvements, Mirch Masala has made a comeback once again, and this time, it looks even more promising than before! I'm making this for lunch today, for mom and me:)
- 300 g canned mushrooms, washed and drained
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons maida flour (all-purpose flour)
- 3 -5 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 500 ml oil, to fry mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (only the green portion and not the white portion)
- 3 -5 fresh coriander leaves, chopped,to garnish
- Heat oil in a wok.
- In the meantime, wash and drain the canned mushrooms.
- Remove the stem of each mushroom.
- Put into a large bowl.
- Add cornflour, maida, salt and a little water.
- Mix well.
- Put each mushroom, one at a time, into the hot oil and fry until light brown.
- Remove onto a clean paper napkin so as to drain out the excess oil.
- Prepare red chilli paste by heating a little garlic in a pan and then adding it to a little (depends on your taste) red chilli powder.
- Mix well and then add a little water to prepare the red chilli paste.
- Now, take 1 tsp.
- of this same hot oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry till the raw smell of the same is gone.
- Add green chillies, onion, the prepared red chilli paste, vinegar, soya sauce and the green portion of spring onion.
- Mix well.
- Add the fried mushrooms.
- Toss the mushrooms in the mixture until well mixed.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious! I used fresh mushrooms and I added one red bell pepper...! I love the cilantro topping!
We enjoyed it very much, thanks for posting these great recipes!