Recipe by Chef DEEdeeCOOK
This tender juicy ham recipe is easy and quick. With a touch of allspice, cloves and pineapple in the glaze, you send a aroma thru the air that says "were having something special for dinner"
- 4 lbs ham (prefer Kretschinar it's already scored.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 (32 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 8 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray roaster pan with non stick cooking oil.
- Wash and score ham.
- Stud 8 cloves into ham.
- Cover with foil.
- Place in oven to cook about 1 hr per pound.
- Now to make glaze.
- In saucepan melt your butter,sugar,allspice.
- Drain juice off can of pineapple,set pineapple aside for later.
- Pour 1/2 cup of pineapple juice into mixture in saucepan.
- Cook on med high heat till it comes to boil, then turn down heat and let simmer till you can drop it in a glass of cold water and it stays firm to the bottom of glass.
- When ham is done lay pineapple rings around the ham and secure with toothpicks.
- Place maraschino cherries inside rings of pineapple and secure with toothpicks.
- With a cooking brush spread glaze all over ham, repeat letting it stand for just a minute between spreading. Continue till it begins to shine.
- Let stand for about 10 mins before carving.