Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
A budget-easy rice dish you can serve as a meal by itself.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast, boiled in 3 cups water and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver, if desired,boiled with chicken breast and each piece cut into 3
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice or 1 1⁄2 cups leftover rice
- 1 coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 cups chicken stock (from boiled chicken breast)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- Marinate chicken meat and livers for 30 minutes.
- Sauté onions, chicken meat and livers.
- Cook for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp margarine over moderate flame.
- Add cooked rice and stir with wooden spoon.
- Pour stock and cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add sautéed chicken mixture, cheese and bell peppers.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot.
We like chicken livers and gave this recipe a try - sorry, but these flavors are just a big mess together, and we ended up feeding this dinner to the disposal.