Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I marinated these cornish hens in lime, rum, and honey and then gave them a slow roast! Hope you like them!
- Wash your hens then dry them with a paper towel.
- Mix together all other ingredients except butter and pour into a large ziploc bag with the cornish hens.
- Marinate the hens for a couple of hours, turning the bag once or twice in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the hens from the plastic bag and place in a baking dish. (line with foil for less clean up) Pour the marinade on top of them.
- Rub the butter all over the hens.
- Put a little foil on the leg tips and wing tips or you can tie and tuck them to keep the tips from burning.
- Roast the hens for 1 hour and 15 minutes until a meat thermometer reads 175 to 180 degrees when placed in the dark meat.
- Let the hens rest, covered with foil, for 10 minutes then serve!
Great flavor on these birds! Since I was using my Farberware rotisserie, and wouldn't be able to roast them IN the marinade, I doubled the amount of marinade so the birds would get more soaked in. Will be making this again! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.