Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I use this sauce for my enchiladas, Mexican bakes, over chicken and topped with cheese and then baked or as a side sauce to make a meal a bit more interesting. An easy sauce, great for weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 425 g cream of mushroonm soup (canned)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalepeno chili pepper (from a jar)
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot, you choose)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a large frying pan, fry the onion for 2 minutes, add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the soup, salsa and jalepeno and let JUST come to the boil (about 1 minute), stir well.
- Turn off the heat and add in the sour cream.
- Serve as you wish.