- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup corn
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 lb uncooked ground beef, seasoned
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 2 Qt casserole, layer the rice and the corn and the salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce and half of the water over the first two layers.
- Now, add the onions and green pepper; then the ground beef.
- Pour over the second can of tomato sauce and 1 can of water.
- Cover with the bacon.
- Cover & bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.