Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Was requested to bring a salad to a Halloween party by 7:30 p.m. and I didn't have a moment to lose! Try this served with Allie's Simple Vinaigrette.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce hearts, cored and chopped
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup hearts of palm, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, peeled and diced small
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Toss the romaine hearts and spinach leaves together and arrange in a shallow and wide salad bowl or on a platter.
- Place the hearts of palm across the greens in two rows. Arrange the cucumber slices in four mounds on the greens.
- Grate the carrot on top of the salad. Place the tomatoes on top in two rows followed by the red onion and green peas.
- Finally, top the salad with the capers.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
My entire family loved this salad! It went down very well with a light lunch, and now there's very little of it left! It was also refreshing!
Wonderful salad which is also very adaptable. Made as directed except I skipped teh hearts of palm and only used one head of Romaine but used the whole cucumber. This makes a lot! Will be adding some tuna for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!