Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Between jobs in my field, I worked as a manager in a 5 star restaurant. This dressing was our most popular by far! Very simple and delish!
- 236.59 ml balsamic vinegar
- 236.59 ml red wine vinegar
- 5 strawberries (sliced)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml onion (diced)
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley (chopped)
- fresh strawberries (garnish)
- Boil balsamic and red wine vinegar and strawberries.
- Reduce by 3/4 (to 1/2 cup).
- Add sugar, diced onion and parsley.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes and cool.
- When cooled, gradually whisk in the oil.
Wow, this is a great dressing. I substituted fresh oregano for the parsley and used half splenda and half sugar. Made an awesome salad adding feta cheese and diced fresh strawberries to lettuce from our garden. Grilled chicken breast would also make a very nice addition. I give it an A!
This was great, thank you! I have an electric stove so it ended up taking me at least 25 min. for the dressing to reduce (about the same as the recipe, but some warned it takes less). This was really sweet, but great!
It's excellent. I like just sipping it at times. This is the first salad dressing that I'm willing to drench my salad in.