Recipe by Creation in Hope
I got this recipe watching the Oprah Winfrey show with Rachel Ray. This was a big hit with everyone!!! This is the recipe that everyone loves so much!! I have 2 other variations also listed, so that you can try them also. When I make this recipe I am not much of a measurer I get 2 small bags of chips and just pour both in. I will use chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, or butterscotch. I will use just one kind or mix them up. I found its easier and just as good!!!
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (save the can & wrap in saran Wrap)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces walnuts, plus more for topping
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup fruit
- candied red and green cherries (like holly) or green and red M&M' (like holly)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a round cake pan to prevent it from sticking.
- Place your wrapped can in the middle.
- Pour your chips, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk in a pan.
- Heat on low till it melts.
- Add your raisins and walnuts stir till well blended. This will stick to your pan and burn if not stirred consistently.
- Pour your fudge into the cake pan around the can making sure your can stays in the middle of your cake pan.
- Allow the top to stay all bumpy.
- Cut your green candied cherries in half and use the red and green cherries to make holly on the top of the fudge. You can also use the red and green M&M's for the holly. Use a pill splitter to cut the green M&M's in half for the leaves and the red ones I make sure you can see the 'M' on them.
- Place in the fridge till it cools hard and take it out of the pan wrap in cellophane to give as a gift.