Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
We got this recipe from our local childrens museum and it's so much fun and even the littlest hands can help.
- 3785.0 ml ziploc bag
- 946.0 ml ziploc bag
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml salt
- Pour the milk, sugar and vanilla into the smaller, quart sized bag.
- Fill the larger, gallon sized bag 3/4 full of ice, then add the salt to the ice.
- Place the smaller bag inside the larger bag and close the seal. make sure you close them both tightly!
- Now shake the bag good and hard for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the small bag off with cold water before opening to keep the salt water from getting into your ice cream.
Yum but kinda yuck
As ice cream, could be sweeter and creamier. As a project for kids, a plain fun thing to do! Great daddy-daughter project! The ice cream set up nicely in five minutes of throwing it around and stayed frozen long enough to eat, with a flavor somewhat like "ice milk." Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2008.