Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Since there are already 411 recipes for broccoli casserole posted to "ZAAR" ,I decided to call this one #412 Broccoli Casserole.I don't think there are any like this one in the database. I based this one on the famous "Green Bean Casserole" from Campbell's Soup. But I think mine is better since I don't like cream of mushroom soup.Submitted to "ZAAR" on May 28th,2008
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups French-fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray,set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together broccoli, soup, one cup of cheese,garlic powder,pepper,salt, milk, 1 cup of french onions, and soy sauce.
- Pour into baking dish, sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with rest of french fried onions and bake until onions are browned and cheese is bubbly, about 10 more minutes.
Loved this. Be sure to completely thaw the broccoli. I didn't and it didn't get done in time specified. Just cooked it a little longer though and it was perfect. Thanks Chef.
I made this for my son's first birthday party this weekend. Our guests INHALED it! Everyone kept saying how delicious it was. I was I could have gotten to try it.
This was one of the best broccoli casseroles that I have ever made. I made my own chicken soup for this recipe. I was a bit worried about the tsp of soy sauce but it gave the casserole the best flavor. YUM! The photos you took (shapeweaver) inspired me to make this recipe and it actually does look just like them when it comes out of the oven. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe shapeweaver. It was wonderful! Going into my family's favorite Zaar cookbook :)