Recipe by Heartspell
I haven't tried it yet...just putting in here for safe keeping. I changed it a little to be a bit more "low carb" friendly. Let me know what you think! Adapted from http://jaimesrecipes.com/.
Top Review by Bluebelles
I really liked the concept of a pizza dip. I would suggest cutting down on the sour cream and I really wasn't sold on the taste of the homemade sauce, but this dip would be really good with your favorite store bought pizza sauce. I skipped the bacon due to my families preference. I made this with regular sour cream and regular cream cheese because that is what I had on hand. My family won't go low fat yet. I made this for My-3-Chefs.
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, finely shredded and divided (or any kind of cheese you like)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped (or 1/4 cup real bacon pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a blender combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Blend until pureed. Set pizza sauce aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and 2 ounces of shredded cheese. Mix well until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in an even layer over baking dish (pie plate or 8x8 works).
- Pour blended pizza sauce (tomato mixture) over cream cheese mixture and evenly distribute with spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over pizza sauce.
- Top pizza dip with bacon and pepperoni.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly.