Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Any Blonde Can Cook."
Top Review by pern's-moreta
I have been making this dessert for years although with a few differences. I use regular flour and add chopped pecans before I bake it. (Perhaps this step was forgotten?) I also use one box of vanilla pudding and one box of flavored pudding. This makes it a little lighter in flavor. Lemon pudding makes a delightful spring dessert for a tea or "luncheon". Butterscotch pudding is also very nice, and my mother's favorite as she can't eat chocolate.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- FIRST LAYER:.
- Mix butter and flour together.
- Layer in 9x13-inch dish.
- SECOND LAYER:.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup Cool Whip, and powdered sugar together.
- Layer over FIRST LAYER.
- THIRD LAYER:.
- Mix pudding according to directions.
- Layer over SECOND LAYER.
- FOURTH LAYER:.
- Use rest of Cool Whip on THIRD LAYER.