Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A thick, rich hot chocolate; mainly used for dipping churros into.
- 1⁄2 cup pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar, to taste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a nonstick saucepan, whisk the cocoa powder, cornstarch, sugar, and ½ cup water together until smooth.
- Whisk in the milk and place over med-low heat; bring just to a slow simmer; simmer for about 2 minutes, whisking often, until the chocolate is thick, glossy, and smooth, like a runny pudding.
- Add in the vanilla; whisk again, then remove from the heat and pour into small cups.
- Serve immediately with churros for dipping.