1/1 Photo of 3 Minute Whole Wheat Bread
2 hrs 23 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
This is too simple, and no bread machine required. This makes a beautiful and really healthy bread. I was really skeptical when a friend gave me this recipe but the result was great. The 3 minutes is prep time it does take an hour to bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 g dry yeast (packet)
- 2 cups milk (warm or you can also use warm water)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup flax seed (actually any whole grain what ever you like flax seed, sesame seed, sunflower seeds, or walnuts etc.)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1In a medium bowl dissolve the yeast in warm milk ( not hot).
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients (very important, do not forget the vinegar) and stir well.
- 3Pour dough into a 5 x 9 loaf pan.
- 4Place into a cold oven and turn the heat to 400°F.
- 5DO NOT LET THIS DOUGH RISE BEFORE PUTTING INTO OVEN AND OVEN IS COLD.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes then cut a slit in the top of the dough.
- 7After 40 minutes of baking you can brush the top of the loaf with butter or an egg wash.
- 8After 60 minutes reduce the heat to 350°F then bake another 50 minutes.
- 9Remove the bread from the pan and bake another 15-30 minutes.
- 10Bread is done when it sounds hollow.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3 Minute Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (930 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1946.4
- Calories from Fat 677
- Total Fat 75.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 4942.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 265.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 59.5 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 72.8 g