Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are super simple to make & the kids love them - I know I did when I was young. Its a lot like fudge, but you get bright colors from the mini marshmallows. Got this recipe from a coworker of my mom's. Haven't made it in years, but thought I'd share it so I don't lose it.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) bag colored miniature marshmallows
- Melt chips in the microwave.
- Remove from microwave & let cool a few minutes before adding marshmallows. Stir.
- Divide onto 3 pieces of wax paper.
- Roll up without touching the chocolate.
- Twist ends and freeze.
- When frozen cut into slices.
Added butter to chips when melting in microwave. This was sooo easy ans also soooo good!! Thank You!! Next time I will roll in coconut as suggested by another reviewer.
We make these most years for Christmas. We use the margarine/butter to grease the waxed paper, and we don't mix into the recipe at all. It's also very yummy to sprinkle the wax paper with coconut or crushed peppermint (or whatever sounds good!) before rolling, so it is around the edges of the final slices.
Would like to try recipe but it doesn't seem complete - lists margarine/butter as an ingredient, but not in the directions.