Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is our favorite bean dish, the one my mom is famous for. Great for potlucks, picnics, or just any old time. This dish needs to sit 2 hours before baking. (Cooking time includes this.)
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baby lima beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Saute cubed bacon until just crisp.
- Add chopped onion and saute until clear.
- In large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.
- Add the bacon-onion mixture with some of the bacon fat.
- Season to taste.
- Let stand 2 hours.
- Bake 350* for 30 minutes, till bubbly.
Love these boozy baked beans--sweet and tangy. Simple prep.
Just like the dish my mother made in the 1960s but I didn't get the recipe. Thanks soo much!! YUM!
Awesome beans! You can't beat these! I used Bush's original for the baked beans. This is nice because you can assemble these, then get your other food prepared while it sets for the two hours. This is a new favorite bean recipe here. Thanx for sharing!