Recipe by The Normans
Sourced from Mother-in-Law who can't remember where she got it from - possibly a newspaper. We made a few adjustments to the original recipe due to lack of ingredients and taste. We served with quinoa and veg, but serve with what you like. PS Recipe name is our translation of Masala Wali Chaampah.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 black peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 lamb cutlets
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- oil, to suit your pan (for frying)
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander, freshly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Seal cutlets in pan, with oil. Remove and set aside.
- In same pan add top 8 ingredients and fry until aromatic.
- Add onion and cook until slightly caramelised.
- Add ginger, garlic and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to the boil.
- Add coriander and cutlets, cover and simmer for 10 minutes a side.