This is my Mom's recipe. Its a cross between a cake and a fudgy brownie. Simular to Texas Sheet cake. I have fond memories of having this cake on Sundays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Do not use a mixer.
- 2Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3In saucepan combine butter, water, shortening, cocoa and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Pour over flour mixture.
- 6Combine buttermilk, eggs, soda, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 7Add to the other mixture and mix all together (will be a little lumpy).
- 8Pour batter into a 9 x 12 greased pan.
- 9Bake 22 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 10When cake has baked 18 minutes, start combining in large bowl the 1/2 cup butter, 4 Tablespoons cocoa, and 1/3 cup milk.
- 11Bring to a boil and while boiling stir in 1 pound powdered sugar and 1 cup chopped nuts. Do not remove from heat while stirring in sugar.
- 12Pour over hot cake as soon as it is removed from oven.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 22 Minute Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 274.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 53.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g