This is my Mom's recipe. Its a cross between a cake and a fudgy brownie. Simular to Texas Sheet cake. I have fond memories of having this cake on Sundays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Do not use a mixer.
- 2Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3In saucepan combine butter, water, shortening, cocoa and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Pour over flour mixture.
- 6Combine buttermilk, eggs, soda, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 7Add to the other mixture and mix all together (will be a little lumpy).
- 8Pour batter into a 9 x 12 greased pan.
- 9Bake 22 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 10When cake has baked 18 minutes, start combining in large bowl the 1/2 cup butter, 4 Tablespoons cocoa, and 1/3 cup milk.
- 11Bring to a boil and while boiling stir in 1 pound powdered sugar and 1 cup chopped nuts. Do not remove from heat while stirring in sugar.
- 12Pour over hot cake as soon as it is removed from oven.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 22 Minute Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 274.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 53.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g