Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into 1-inch strips*
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up**
- 1 cup low-sodium chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, chopped (1 large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Spray a deep skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat. Cook chicken in hot skillet, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Reduce heat. Add tomatoes and their juice, low-sodium chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or whole wheat pasta.
- * You can substitute 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips.
- ** To cut back on sodium, try low sodium canned tomatoes.
i add smoked sausage slices and black or red beans to this recipe. mmm good!
Tasted great!! Should give it a try very easy and has alot of flavor
Yummy and easy. I used leg quarters and it was very tasty!!!