Chef #651331's Note:
An amazing recipe based on my dad's classic, but improved:) I happen to really like garlic, so adjust to your own taste.
My Private Note
huge pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, make a package and a half in case there's broken noodles (cooked)
- 2 lbs chicken, any cut that's cheap, 1 ziplock bag big enough to hold uncooked chicken
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (i used mild)
- 1 egg
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese
- enough olive oil, to liberally coat the chicken
- 2 large garlic cloves
- some italian seasoning
- 1 (30 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (1/2 ounce) container white sauce
- 2 (1/4 ounce) containers marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe's roasted garlic sauce)
- 1 tablespoon butter, 2 grease the pan
- 5 large toothpicks
- aluminum foil
- 1(Do this a few days before you are serving if possible) take the chicken, olive oil, some Italian seasoning, and 1/2 a clove of garlic (raw and chopped) and put it all in the ziplock bag (you can cut up the chicken now -- I didn't think to do it than but it might be smarter) seal the bag give it a shake and put it in the fridge.
- 2Day before you serve the lasagna, in the morning take off the sleeves off the sausage and roast the rest of the garlic.
- 3Add a few bulbs of roasted garlic chopped up to the de-sleeved sausage and add some olive oil and some Italian seasoning -- let it sit in the fridge covered til your ready for it.
- 4Empty the sauces into different pans (red in one white in another).
- 5Let the sauces reduce on the stove.
- 6Start cooking the meats in frying pans than add them to there sauce (red gets Italian sausage white gets chicken).
- 7Add egg to ricotta cheese.
- 8Boil the noodles.
- 9Grease the pan with butter.
- 10Put down a layer of noodles (3 noodles across the bottom should work).
- 11Flip a coin to choose which sauce you start with.
- 12If you start with red sauce, spoon a layer of sauce on the noodles.
- 13Put some mozzarella on top and put the next layer of noodles on.
- 14For white sauce, pour some of the sauce on (evenly distribute meat).
- 15Then spoon on some ricotta cheese and put the next layer of noodles on.
- 16Alternate red and white sauce steps till you fill the pan. (I topped mine with red sauce).
- 17Put some foil over it and put it in the fridge overnight.
- 18Day of --.
- 19Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 20Remove foil and put toothpicks in and make a "tent" out of foil so the cheese doesn't stick.
- 21Cook covered (tented) for 45 minutes, then remove tent and cook another 15 minutes.
- 22Remove from oven let it cool and enjoy.
- 23Freeze leftovers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2 Meat 2 Sauce Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1048.3
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 234.2 mg
- Sodium 1807.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 64.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: