Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my sister-in-law's recipe for meatloaf. She shared with me for a family cookbook. It is sweet so you might want to cut back some on the brown sugar, I only use about 3/4 cup. Hope you enjoy it
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chuck, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Place and form mixture into greased loaf pan or baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, water, vinegar and mustard. Mix well. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400°F approximately 1 hour.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
This was a good recipe but I was surprised at how sweet it was. We liked it but I think my family prefers something that tastes more like beef! I might try it again without the brown sugar topper. Thank you!
My family loves meatloaf and rated this five stars. I used a meatloaf mix which my grocery sells (veal, pork and ground chuck) instead of the 2 lbs of ground chuck. It was delicious. Thanks Luvin for this recipe. It's a keeper in my book.