Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
simple, quick, elegant, and delicious...if you do your chopping and grating while the pasta is cooking, this only takes 12 minutes to cook!
- 1 lb orecchiette or 1 lb fusilli or 1 lb penne rigate (shells)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped prosciutto
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- cook pasta in boiling, salted water until all dente.
- heat oil in large pan until warm.
- add crumbs, stirring constantly for 2 minutes season to taste with salt and pepper remove from heat add pasta to pan return to heat add prosciutto and parmesan and toss until mixture is heated through garnish with parsley.
This was a fast and tasty meal which I love since when I get home from work I am in need of a fast meal. Only change I made was to not use the salt in the water because of the high content of salt in the prosciutto. I also went very lightly with the Kosher salt. Thanks for a great fast meal!