20 Minute Easy Ravioli or Tortellini Bolognese
photo by Sassy J
- Ready In:
- 1 (25 ounce) bag frozen ravioli (meat or cheese stuffed) or (25 ounce) bag tortellini (meat or cheese stuffed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano or 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare frozen pasta as directed; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, in a saucepan or skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic; cook until beef is browned.
- Add tomatoes, wine or broth, mushrooms, basil and oregano/thyme and mix.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over cooked pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Welcome! I joined this website in 2001, as a new wife and Mom of a 1 y/o and I was 28 yrs old and did not know about cooking. I found this website cause I searched the web and wanted to find a good recipe for carrots! I found that recipe and so much more here over the years. I learned so much from this website and opened up my eyes to other recipes. I now am 46 y/o. I am now divorced and my then 1 y/o son is now a Marine. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves and appreciates my cooking and I thank this site for all of its help. I still come here for recipes. I hope you like my recipes and your family enjoys them also....there is many here and I love to pass them on.