Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are crispy and crunchy and have a nice twist on the normal chocolate chip cookie. You can add as much chocolate chips as you want but I personally enjoy these cookies with only a little bit because there is so many other great flavors in the cookie without the chocolate.
- 1⁄2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- DO NOT USE BEATERS!
- Combine rice krispies, oats, coconut and chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a large bowl cream both sugars with margarine, add eggs then add oil and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tarter and stir into rice kripies mixture. Add to creamed mixture and mix until ll ingredients are blended.
- Drop or form into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, flattening with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
This recipe came out just as stated in the description. Crispy and crunchy and so very yummy. I really enjoyed these and I think I like the Rice Krispies in them the best. I used the coconut and increased the chocolate chips to about 1/2 cup. Wonderful with a big ol' glass of milk!! Thanks Teen Chef!!!