whole grain dough kept refrigerated (or frozen) for pizza, pretzels, or buns. The method is similar to Reinhart's "artisan breads every day". Preparation time does not include refrigeration overnight.
- Mix ingredients well (add salt and yeast at different times) and let rest 5 minutes.
- Knead by dough hook for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Stretch and fold and place in an oiled container to rest.
- After 10 minutes, stretch & fold again. Do the same two more times and place in fridge.
- After an overnight stay in the fridge (up to 3 days) divide the dough into 8 oz pieces (6) for pizza or 2.9 oz pieces (16) for buns or a combination of both.
- For pizza dough, place each ball into an oiled plastic sandwich bag and place into the fridge for use within 3 days or freeze for a month or so. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Roll each piece of dough for bun into balls and press or roll into round flats 3.5 " to 4" in diameter. Repress to maintain diameter and place on parchment covered to rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- When risen to 1.5 the original volume, place into the oven. Bake 8 minutes and rotate.
- Bake 4 to 6 more minutes until the rolls are 200 F internally.
Nice dough. Made pizza first, the rest is in the fridge. I weighed my ingredients and found that the dough was way too wet. I had to add more flour twice. It is still a fairly wet dough. As I made the pizza I added a bit of 7 grain cereal to give it a little more texture.