1/2 Photos of 10 Calorie Chocolate Miracle Noodle Cookies!
A moist chocolate cookie that reminds me of a flourless chocolate torte. Pictures at: http://mitochondrialdepletionsyndrome.blogspot.com/2012/04/10-calorie-orange-sicle-miracle-cookie.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Made-1 dozen teaspoon sized cookies. 10 calories a cookie!
- 2375 for 10 minutes.
- 3First- open and rinse those noodles!(shirataki also known as miracle noodle picture is of the traditional yam zero calorie which is what we use).
- 4I rinse them in the strainer with hot water- be prepared, they don't smell good at all! I sprinkle them with a few teaspoons of lemon juice and let them sit a minute, then rinse again in hot water. Let them drain well- water is our enemy in this recipe!
- 5Next, get out a big frying pan- you don't need any grease or anything the noodles don't tend to burn or brown( and I tried!)and they don't stick(they really are a miracle, huh?). Dump the noodles in the pan and over high heat start cooking them. I stirred mine around a lot-.
- 6As you stir and they start to dry, they start making a "squeaking" kind of noise as you push them. I kept mine on the heat until they lost translucency(some) and bits and parts seemed a bit "shriveled". Take them off the heat. I know, at this point it doesn't look like much does it? Don't worry if you over cook, it will just mean 1 or 2 less cookies. IF you undercook it just means your cookie dough maybe a little runny, and you may need another teaspoon of coco powder to "thicken" it.
- 7After they have cooled for a few minutes I put them in my handy mini Ninja food processor. I ran it until it almost looked like a gel-.
- 8Then I threw in the honey,coco powder, baking powder,salt( I thought about vanilla, but as I said, moisture is the enemy when working with these noodles)and processed it quickly till blended. It seemed a hair on the runny side, so I threw it in the fridge for an hour and hoped for the best-.
- 9Here is what it looked like after being in the fridge-.
- 10I covered a cookie sheet with a piece of tin and sprayed with Pam non stick cooking spray.(no idea what would happen and figured if it was a mess the tin was easy clean up!).
- 11I tried 5 minutes at 375- but the tops were clearly sticky/raw still. So 10 minutes. I was thrilled with what I had created!
- 12Sara was my brave, brave guinea pig. She topped hers with a touch of sugar free cool whip- I watched her face carefully, mostly to know if I was going to need to duck if she spit it back out- but she declared them a SUCCESS! She said her first thought was it was a lot like the flourless chocolate torte in flavor(these are not very sweet, more of a dark chocolate flavor, you can add splenda or stevia for a sweet tooth!) 3 hours later I broke one a part and they are just as moist as can be.
- 13Truly a miracle cookie.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 10 Calorie Chocolate Miracle Noodle Cookies!
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 75.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: