I just made this one day. Started throwing stuff in my Bullet blender and "voila" a good sauce....and quick too. Note: I used a Magic Bullet Blender to make this. I'm not sure how conventional blenders would do with veggies but they could be hand chopped, it will add to total time though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: it was easier to "render" the tomatoes when they were frozen. As they melt the water melts before the flesh so you are able to pour off the water.
- 2Thaw tomatoes in microwave at 5 minute intervals on high pouring off water as it melts until there is barely any water remaining. (Bullet users: use vent lid to mic. and strain!).
- 3Chop garlic, celery, onion, mushrooms, and red pepper finely.
- 4Just cover with water and microwave on high till veggies are tender 5-8 minutes.
- 6Combine melted, strained tomatoes, cooked veggies, spices, sugar(to control tartness), and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Blend to desired consistency and heat in microwave on high for 5 minutes. Careful it will be hot! Use oven mitts.
- 8Taste for spices and adjust accordingly.
- 9Serve over hot cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 10-15 Minute Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g