Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just made this one day. Started throwing stuff in my Bullet blender and "voila" a good sauce....and quick too. Note: I used a Magic Bullet Blender to make this. I'm not sure how conventional blenders would do with veggies but they could be hand chopped, it will add to total time though.
- 2 large tomatoes (frozen and very big)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 stalk celery
- 3 mushrooms
- 1⁄4 red pepper
- 1⁄4 onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Note: it was easier to "render" the tomatoes when they were frozen. As they melt the water melts before the flesh so you are able to pour off the water.
- Thaw tomatoes in microwave at 5 minute intervals on high pouring off water as it melts until there is barely any water remaining. (Bullet users: use vent lid to mic. and strain!).
- Chop garlic, celery, onion, mushrooms, and red pepper finely.
- Just cover with water and microwave on high till veggies are tender 5-8 minutes.
- Combine melted, strained tomatoes, cooked veggies, spices, sugar(to control tartness), and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend to desired consistency and heat in microwave on high for 5 minutes. Careful it will be hot! Use oven mitts.
- Taste for spices and adjust accordingly.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.