Recipe by krazy chef 123
This is the recipe that we use at my school cafeteria for chocolate chip cookies. They must be the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had! If you don't have margarine or don't like it, then just use butter (softened) instead.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Originally I was gonna cut the recipe in half (just the 2 of us here), but then we had a park-wide yard sale, & I made the whole batch & used them as enticements for potential buyers ~ what the hey, a free cookie as delicious as these are, definitely works its magic! Will be making these again, for sure! Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 5 cups white sugar
- 5 cups brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1400 g margarine, softened
- 12 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 12 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven the 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flours and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, blend together the sugars, margarine, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, water, and vanilla to the margarine / sugar mixture and mix together until well combined.
- Add in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and blend until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Scrape down the sides to the bowl again. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop evenly rounded balls of dough and place of cookie sheet about 1 - 2 inches apart to allow for spreading during baking.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and soft & chewy in the center. Serve hot and enjoy!