Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yet another Mennonite recipe.
Make and share this 1-2-3-4 Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cold water or 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter. Add sugar and blend. Beat in eggs.
- Sift tartar and baking soda with flour.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk and vanilla.
- Pour into a large greased and floured cake pan or layer pans. Bake in 350 oven for 45 min for large pan; 30 min for layer pans.