Vegetarian Zucchini Patties
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1⁄4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, black
- Heat the butter and oil together in a 12-inch skillet over moderate heat.
- Meanwhile, quickly mix the zucchini with the flour, eggs, salt and pepper to form a batter.
- Drop Tablespoonful of batter into hot butter and oil to form 6 patties 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Flatten each patty slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Reserve the remaining batter.
- Cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crusty.
- Remove them to a platter covered with paper toweling and set in a keep-warm (250 F) oven.
- Use the remaining batter cook 6 more patties in the same manner, adding 1 more Tablespoon of oil to the skillet, if needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I could not finish eating my patties when I tried this recipie due to the texture. It was too mushy, like soggy egs. I think i will stick to my traditional way of frying zucchini. I fry my zucchini by cutting it into round slices, dipping the slices into egg, then into seasoned flour. The "breaded" slices are then fried in a pan. This gives the zuccini slices a crisp outside and a juicy inside. Great taste and texture!Reply
see 24 more