Zesty Lemon Frosting
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Zesty is a good title for this one. If you like lemon, you will like this. I pair perfectly with Recipe #477444.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup soft unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 5 cups icing sugar (or 6 cups for sweeter version)
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream (35% cream)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 drop food coloring, electric yellow gel (optional)
- Cream butter and lemon zest in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add icing sugar, mixing on low speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat on med-high for 3-4 minutes until very fluffy.
- If using color gel, add a drop or two, then beat until blended.
- Yields enough to frost outside of three layer 8" round cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION