MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe from my mother's recipe box.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking oil
- Sprinkle yeast into water.
- Let stand for a few minutes; then stir till dissolved.
- Beat in egg, flour, and salt.
- When smooth, cover and let stand in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Beat down, and let rise until doubled again.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls into 1 inch of hot (375°F) oil.
- When browned on one side, turn and brown on other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Can be rolled in, or sprinkled with sugar.
- Tablespoons of dough can be formed around pieces of fruit, or raisins can be mixed into the dough before frying. Ricotta cheese is a personal favorite.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION