Yogurt, Lime & Black Pepper Marinade
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another wonderful marinade for meats. I really like this one on lamb, but it is terrific on pork and poultry, too.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or 2 tablespoons other mild oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coursely ground black pepper
- 1 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients.
- Use immediately or cover tightly and refrigerate for up to a week.
- For beef, pork, chicken, duck and lamb.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a great marinade. I made it according to the recipe (except that I only had 2 scallions). I chose ground cumin and also added about 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro. The marinade had a wonderful tangy, garlicky flavour. I marinated chicken breasts for about an hour and then grilled them. I think next time I would bake them so the excess marinade would render down nicely rather than go to waste. I also thought that instead of meat, you could throw in some thinly sliced cucumber and have a great little salad! The flavours are so great together - almost like a tzatziki (sp?). Thanks PetitFour!5Reply