World's Best Garlic Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 12mins
- 16 -32 garlic cloves, smoked
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12 inches length of crusty baguette or 12 inches Italian bread
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced very thin
- Smoke garlic (see related recipe) and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Blend the garlic, Parmesan, butter, parsley, and olive oil in a food processor fitted with a metal blade until the garlic is finely chopped. Taste and season with salt & pepper.
- Split the bread lengthwise with a bread knife. Spread the garlic butter over the cut sides of both halves and set the bread buttered side up on a baking sheet. Scatter the onion slices evenly over the bread and press then gently to they stick to the garlic butter. Bake until the crust is crackling crisp and the tops are lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing and serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I'm a graphic artist, living in beautiful Fort Worth, TX. Next to my love of music, cooking and trying new recipes, I am involved in animal rescue. I currently have 2 rescued Brussels Griffons, 2 foster Griffs and 3 funny parrots. I maintain a store on Cafe Press to raise funds to pay for vet bills for our rescued Brussels Griffons. Please visit our store at http://cafepress.com/griffy_rescue or our main rescue site at http://brusselsgriffonrescue.org <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hklogosm.jpg"> ZWT5 was my first, and I loved it. We had a great team. <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hkban.jpg"> My current ZWT5 team banner for the first leg. <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/HKBIKE2.jpg"> We started out nice! A Hell's Kitchen Angel's graphic I made for our second leg. Things started to heat up! <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hkbanknives.jpg"> By the end, we were HOT! The banner for our last leg with all our team members! What a blast! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg">"
Join The Conversation
This may be a little over the top to qualify as a garlic bread, but it is the best thing of this kind I've ever had. Use about 16 cloves of garlic if you want the Parmesan cheese to share equal billing with the garlic; twice that if you want the garlic to take the lead. Choose bread that is crusty and fairly dense without being doughy. Depending on the size and shape of your loaf, you may want to cut it a tad longer or shorter as described in the recipe; just be sure the butter coats the bread in an even layer without any bare spots or thick patches. it's okay if the ends of the thin onion slices turn black during baking. From the cookbook, "Smokin"