Winnie the Pooh Picnic Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 18 slices bacon
- 12 slices bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 3 crisp apples, sliced (I use Granny Smith)
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout (optional)
- Cook bacon as directed& drain on paper towels.
- I like to use the pre-cooked bacon that you just heat up in microwave.
- Lightly toast bread and spread with peanut butter.
- Layer with bacon (3 strips per sandwich), apple and alfalfa sprouts.
- Remember the alfalfa sprouts are optional.
- Top with remaining slice of bread& cut in half.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
DEFINATELY an interesting sandwich! lol My daughter and I just tried them, and while she chose to take the entire sandwich apart and eat things item by item, I ate them altogether. I wouldn't say it's a fantastic sandwich that I'll recommend to everyone, but it's really not too bad. The only thing I would say I didn't care for, was the alfalfa aftertaste even thought I didn't have much on. Other then that, it was pretty good. : ) I might make them again for the fun of it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Texas. Whoop! Lived in Colorado for 8 years & now reside in Northern California. Still an Avalanche fan. The combination of music and cooking is truly a much needed stress reliever. I enjoy traveling & the outdoors. Art is another hobby of mine...drawing, painting, beading, etc. Enjoy taking photography, jewelry making, scrapbooking. My sister told me about this website - Her chef name is KimD. Check out her recipes. She is a fantastic chef!