Wild Mushroom Sauce (For Gnocchi or Pasta)
- Ready In:
- Wipe dirt off mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add scallions and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and thyme and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook till liquid reduces slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk, salt and pepper and cook over med-low heat until cream thickens slightly, about 4-5 minutes more.
- Blend in Parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat and toss with your favorite cooked pasta or gnocchi.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have been a gourmet cook for over 40 years. In the mid 70's I owned and operated my own gourmet bistro in Connecticut called Le Petit Gourmet and also provided a catering service for upscale clientele. <br /> <br /> I always had an entrepreneurial soul and was a front runner in developing frozen gourmet dinners. Because of a divorce, I didn't follow through which probably would have made me a very rich lady today. <br /> <br />In 1994, I founded the South Coast Gourmet Club in Florida, The South Shore Gourmet Club in Massachusetts and also the Chef Buddies Club.</p> <p>In 2012, I was chosen as one of the 100 amateur chefs out of the 50,000 who competed nationwide, to appear on Season 3 of Master Chef on ABC. I didn't make it through but it was an unforgettable experience. </p>