Whole Wheat Angel Food Cake
- Ready In:
- 8 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond essence
- 16 ounces strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift baking powder, whole wheat pastry flour, all purpose flour, and powdered sugar with sieve.
- In another bowl take egg whites, cream tartar, and whip using a hand mixer until soft peaks form. It will triple in size.
- Now add the granulated sugar and whip again until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Divide the dry ingredients into three equal parts, take each part and sift over the top of the egg whites and fold using a rubber spatula.
- DO NOT BEAT THE MIXTURE!
- Add the other two parts one by one and fold gently make sure not to deflate egg whites. DO NOT BEAT THE MIXTURE!
- Transfer to a greased baking pan and bake for thirty minutes or until lightly brownd/ cracked ontop.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i love to cook. i go to school now for culinary arts and i cannot wait to persue a career in this feild.