White Fish in Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white fish fillets, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 5 large plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2 large garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable juice cocktail (V8)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic until limp.
- Stir in the ginger, pepper, salt and cinnamon and saute for 3 minutes. Add the V8 juice and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the fish to the skillet. If there is not enough sauce, add just a little water or white wine. Cover and simmer for 8 - 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!